View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Coach Bobby Knight, aboout whom my own opinion is mixed, once answered a meandering reporter's question during a post-game press conference with "Yes."

Wish I'd heard that bit with Tyutin.
Birch Barlow: Mayor Quimby, you're well known for your lenient stance on crime. But suppose for a second that your house was ransacked by thugs, your family tied up in the basement, with socks in their mouths! You try to open the door, but there's too much blood on the knob...
Mayor Quimby: Ah, er, what is your question?
Birch Barlow: My question is about the budget, sir.

I also tried to find video of Phil Hartman as Sam Donaldson from the 1988 and 1992 SNL presidential debates, but I can't. A transcript will have to suffice.

Sam Donaldson: Governor Clinton, let's be frank. You're running for president, yet your only experience has been as the governor of a small, backward state with a population of drunken hillbillies riding around in pickup trucks. The main streets of your capital city, Little Rock, are something out of L'il Abner, with buxom underage girls in their cutoff denims prancing around in front of Jethro and Billy Bob, while corncob-pipe-smoking, shotgun-toting grannies fire indiscriminantly at runaway hogs.

Bill Clinton: I'm sorry, Sam, do you have a question?

Sam Donaldson: Your leadership style has been described as technotronic, cool, emotionally dead. Even your closest admirers admit that sometimes you are distant and aloof, a bit of a cold fish. Pundits are saying that one of the reasons you trail in the polls is that you are uninspiring, and seem totally devoid of passion.

Michael Dukakis: What's the question?