View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanejorg View Post
Lecavalier is never going to be trouble for the team in terms of contract, or money. If his skills decline in 5 years, or even 3 years, then Les Canadiens can either trade, or dump him in the AHL or Europe. Get this guy now!!....before it is too late again. I thought it was interesting that a poster above mentioned that Nashville would be interested in acquiring Andrei, so that the Kostitsyn's can be reunited. First, acquire Lecavalier, thus making Kostitsyn expendable. Then inquire about the availability of Weber, for Kostitsyn and others. The team will instantly be a threat to make the playoffs once again this hockey season. I don't care about next year, or the next three years. New management can worry about that when the time comes. In my estimation, given their past Stanley Cup victories record(and allowing for the fact that the league has expanded to 30 teams in the recent past), they are behind at least 3 championships already. The time to act is NOW!! I do believe that Yzerman owes the team one, given that he has built a good part of his team(including coaches) with former Canadiens employees. He has to be interested in moving the Lecavalier contract if he can. Therefore, the team can probably acquire this guy for less than one might think. It doesn't hurt for our "lame-duck" GM to ask, does it.
Actually, yes, acquiring Lecavalier would hurt us a lot. He is not worth what he is getting paid. Period. He would destroy our cap situation, and he is declining in terms of his skill. We should absolutely hang Gautheir from the Bell center rafters if he trades ANYTHING for Lecavalier.