View Single Post
Old
01-17-2012, 11:21 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I'd say Bickel is less likely to be on next season's roster than say Stralman. We can find another Bickel type player, while a D that can move the puck and fits in nicely on a bottom pair or even top 4 with injuries is better than someone who is playing limited minutes on the 3rd pairing. I couldn't care less if Eminger gets waived and claimed for the simple fact we have Erixon if we have that many injuries. Bickel can go back down too and I doubt he gets claimed. Worse comes to worse and we need to trade for another D at the deadline, we can do it.
Erixon does not look NHL ready though.... Certainly doesn't look comfortable enough to play his game or be much of a contributor out on the ice... Rangers not in a position to rush him when they have better options in the short term.... At this point I'll take Bickel's physical presence and consistent defensive efforts over Stralman and Woywitka's contributions.... Haven't seen Bickel do much to warrant no PT late in games, but Torts just doesn't completely trust him yet, and he has a lot of guys who can log a ton of minutes that he can defer to.... Eminger can be contributor too..... Woywitka and Stralman I don't see as better options than the other aforementioned players...