View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
I dont understand the Dolan hate. All he ever did was give his GMs maximum money possible, which is all one can ask of an owner.

He made the right decision not endanger Sather's job once rebuilding began. Either go with Sather in 2004 or dont, but once Sather was allowed to stay in 2004, he deserved time.

Had Sather been fired in 2006 or 2007, the rebuilding would have ended and any replacement GM would be too scared to renups slowly, but properly.

Dolan was also right to recognize in 2004 that Sather will no longer act the same way as he did before.

Since 2004, Sather did a great job rebuilding. I know there are people who will say that until he wins the Cup, he should be seen as a terrible manager, but this is the kind of thinking that leads to GMs sacrifice the future for just a mediocre present. If people can't recognize progress while the team is in the middle of the road, then this road must be very brief, even if it means the team never becomes good enough to contend.

The Rangers are the top team in the league. That is an accomplishment, and I am glad Dolan is giving credit where credit is due.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote