View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Price My Man Crush

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
It's that same mentality that got us GOMEZ-GIONTA-CAMMALLERI-SPACEK-GILL 3 years ago LOL. Instead of building from the ground to up, we decided in panic mode to sign players so that we can make the playoffs!

We would be so much better if we would have waited and build from the ground up that year !

But I get you man, let's do it again, and again, and again, and again. one day it will work !
And you know what? The first year Gomez-Gionta-Cammalleri-Spacek-Gill came in Montreal, we went to the Conference Final. Oh wait, you'll tell me that Halak did all the job of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I really see it as a pragmatic viewpoint. The playoff math is quite daunting and many of us feel that tanking helps this team in the long run so they can actually open a window of contention. Feel free to disagree with me, just remember that I am still a true fan and will remain so. I want them to win, I just see in a season like this one, a high draft pick may be the bigger prize than a 8th place finish and a first round exit.
I am still a true fan even if they do not make the playoffs.