vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post

Lars Eller
Jarred Tinordi
Yannick Weber
1st round pick 2013

Jeff Carter
Colombus screwed themselves with the Carter trade, let's not do the same thing please.

Personally I think when you make a trade where you exchange futures you first need to think about wether or not you near enough being a contender that said trade makes you one. An expression I like using is a... from the cup. ... being Carter in that case. I don't think we are, just like Colombus wasn't. So you need to think about when you are gonna be contenders, let's say for the habs something like 2-3 years, now the question becomes will the difference, in 2-3 years, between your main piece, in that case Eller, and Carter be what you've added to the deal and I'm pretty sure that answer is no. But I'm a big Eller fan so I'm biased but I honestly have no trouble thinking that in three years a 25 year old Eller will be an equal or superior player to a 30 year old Carter, espesially since Carter seems quite injury prone. So basically we're not in a position to trade futures right now so ask me in three years.