View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
IIRC wasn't Kreider taking courses during the summer and adding courses over his last 2 yrs so he would have enough credits to graduate after his Jr year. I thought his plan was to graduate early and then sign w/NYR after BC finishes their season. I expect to see him w/Whale sometime in spring of 2012.
BC has two summer school sessions of 4-6 weeks each. Kreider attended both sessions. Gordie Clark said Kreider is taking a full course load this year. Both semesters. Clark expects Kreider to turn pro. He made those comments on MSGs coverage at Traverse City. Kreider skated with the Rangers players in late August to show his commitment to the Rangers. Clark made those comments after Kreider skating with the Rangers.

Quote:
I hope I get to the NHL and play with these guys sooner rather than later. Id really like to be at this level. Its something you dream about as a kid. But right now I want them to know my commitment is there.

I just want to win games, said Kreider. If I focus on that, everything else will fall into place. My only goal is to play at a level that will help us win games.
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...o-the-rangers/

York made similar comments about Kreider in December

Quote:
York said the confidence that Kreider earned each season was critical to his second-half success both years. That success, though, nearly led the oversized forward to head to the NHL, where he is property of the New York Rangers.

Instead, Kreider decided to work further toward his college degree and, in doing so, has become one of the most dominant players in Hockey East.

He was trying to do what he felt was best for him when he combined the academic goals of getting a college degree with his aspirations of being an NHL player, said York. He looked at both situations and one more year of college hockey where he could become a more dominant player while getting a year closer to a degree, that was something he was very well aware of.
Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/12/01/bost...#ixzz1jpMEN1Wb