Old
01-18-2012, 01:11 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't think the point totals play into it actually in terms what the rest of the team would feel. For them, I'd imagine it's more about work ethic.

Penner's numbers are not there this year, but virtually all Kings numbers are down from the past, both in terms of last years and overall career averages.

Penner though is definately working much harder than last year and seems to be getting better under Sutter. He has nine points in his last 20 games. Nothing great I agree, but over a full season that is a 37 point pace, far better than the 18 you suggested. At $1.5 - $2 million, I'd take a 35-40 point Penner in hopes he can continue to rebound and put up even better numbers next year and I doubt you'd find to many players who can put up those kinds of points with his size and skill who are also at least decent defensively at $2 million. Considering the injury issues he's had this year as well, it's likely he will continue to improve on how he looked early in the season assuming he can stay healthy.

I'm also sure the rest of the team would agree.
So you're suggesting keep Penner around to show the other Kings work ethic?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote