View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 12:15 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
Ryan McDonagh is tremendous and he is still just developing and adjusting to the NHL in his first full season on Broadway. Everybody gives him credit for filling in for Marc Staal on the top pairing while he is healing. I do not mean to imply in any way that Staal or Girardi belong on the second pairing either. The way McD draws the forecheckers in close to him and makes a quick turn to be able to rush up the ice with at least one opposition player already out of position is something that I have not seem done as smoothly as he does on Broadway. He never seems to get overwhelmed and nervous, keeps calm and makes the right play 90% of the time and is only improving.

Between the three top pairing guys NYR has, and then Sauer, Del Zotto, Eminger, Stralman, and even a developing Tim Erixon, there is the wealth of top two pairing defenseman in New York. I wouldn't want to see any of these guys lost from our organization, but it sure screams trade. Any proposals on what to do with the wealth of talent on the backend? I would hate to see McD get pushed back to the second pair, almost as much as I would really hate to see DelZotto get pushed back to the third. And to be honest, Stralman deserves ice time as much as Eminger the way the guy has been going. THe only guy truly untradeable is DelZotto in my opinion due to his offensive potential which many of the other assets do not possess, though he may be the most valuable trading chip other than Staal who is clearly untouchable.
Win the Stanley Cup.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote