Old
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Here's what gets me about this statement. When Penner first came here it was obvious he was struggling adapting to the system TM had in place and he wasn't playing the game he was in EDM. Then there were the complaints about his weight and he busted his butt all off-season getting into shape this year... Then the whole team is terrible on the offense side of things not just Penner (who struggled with injuries early) to the point where TM is fired... Sutter comes in, Penner has a setback which he comes out and says exactly what happened pancakegate... now that he's healthy, Sutter is adjusting things and Penner is playing his best hockey as a King...

How exactly has Penner not been completely and openly accountable and professional about every single thing that has happened to him up to this point?

Same with Stoll, I understand he's overpaid for his role on the team now, but try to keep in mind he was a 2nd line C when he signed that contract and is seeing diminished icetime due to Richards and Loki. And he's still the only C the Kings have that is consistently good in the faceoff circle and still solid defensively.

As far as the worst Kings ever go, Jeremy Roenick, Valeri Bure, and Beachball Cloutier all say "hi."
Roenick-58 games played in a Kings uniform, 9 goals, 13 assists, 22 points and a minus 5.
Penner-54 games played in a Kings uniform, 5 goals, 12 assists, 17 points and a minus 4.

I think this is where you tell me stats don't mean everything.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote