View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 12:31 PM
bogans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Win the Stanley Cup.
Would love if that works out this year. Do you think you maintain the current team to do so or as difficult as it is to think about since all of these guys are homegrown, do you trade one of top five for another scoring threat? Honestly, I could not even think about trading any of the homegrown guys, Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, and DelZotto are all Rangers and even though McD was drafted by the Habs, he was never truly part of their organization. I would HATE to see any of those five in another sweater. BUT do you need three top pairing guys and two more second pairing guys, along with three others who can ably fill bottom pairing and even, at times, second pairing duties??

Don't we all agree that this team could use another proven finisher to take some defensive attention away from Gaborik? I'm not talking a rental if NYR trades one of these guys, but will a guy like Bobby Ryan really be made available? If Sather waits until the offseason, he might be able to get Parise for free on the left side, which is exactly what this team could use. He would fit in tremendously well in the room in my opinion and on the ice from everything I have seen of the kid.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote