View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Acknowledge Kings depth at C, and at D, now sure about where you're at on Ws.

AA has subordinated his game, lately is part of GAS line but as LW to Gaborik on RW + Stepan at C; apparently he was better at the W than Stepan, not that AA was deficient in his C game.

With that in mind, thought he might have appeal as a W.
Again, don't see him moved, just opening up discussion.
He would have more use on the wing, but we need either a true goalscorer or a solid 3rd liner.

AA is not a true goalscorer, and if the price for him on our third line is 2 1sts (even with 2 2nds coming back) I'd rather pass.

A 1st for AA and a 2nd I could stomach, depending on how management actually thinks of how he'd play out on the wing. His size would be welcome there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I like AA but he doesnt fill a need on our team.

I would be interested in Dubinsky though. He is a big body who plays all three forward positions and can play anywhere in the top 9. I would like a guy like this as he is similar to a 6th man in basketball, he is not the creme of the crop, but he can fill in for injuries in an offensive role and produce, he can play defence, he hits and he can cycle.

He has some Cons like a 4 mil a year contract and he is streaky and snakebit this year, but a fresh start could do wonders a la Chris Stewart last year.

Would NYR be interested in Greene and Richardson/Lewis/pick for him?
This. If there ever was a 3rd line guy I'd be willing to give $4 million, it'd be him. He's like Richards-lite, and should be able to post better numbers than he is this year.

It'd cost us more than Greene and a depth guy/pick though, unless NYR had a deal going and needed to shed some salary. Even then, Slats could likely find a better deal than that.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote