Thread: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinSandwich View Post
When Briere retires (if he is still with Philly), he should consider taking a job working in player development for the Flyers club, a la Lappy (or are these opportunities only available to LTIR players?). I just find it insane that of the two players he's taken into his home/mentored, one is half a season away from being considered elite, and the other is showing signs of being a total superstar in the next couple of years. Of course, it could be coincidence (Briere said he offered the room to them partially because he wanted more French-speakers around his kids), but it could also be that Danny B is one hell of a mentor, and is really great at nurturing a sense of "hockey life" social skills/work ethic in young players.
To me, this is why the Briere signing was so important. Besides the job he does on the ice, it's his job off ice and working with the younger guys that his value has really come through. I don't htink Giroux or Couturier become the players they are without Danny's influence. Danny really is a superb leader and has been dynamite.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote