View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
If we somehow draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk you roll with a Plek, Eller and one of those combos and shift DD to the wing. It's not ideal but Grigorenko at least should be NHL ready. A Desharnais/G or G/Eller tandem is a disaster waiting to happen, if there's any forward you want to have experience it's one of your top 2 Cs.

There are teams that are good offensively without elite Cs. I don't consider Toronto ideal in any way but Kessel and Lupul have been dominant regardless of who is between them. In Boston neither Krejci nor Bergeron are far removed from Plekanec.

I don't want to hate on Desharnais who has been our best C by far lately but when you aren't a PPG player as a centre you need to be able to make up for it defensively. Desharnais plays bigger than he is but between his size and lack of speed compared to Pleks and Eller he will just never be as good defensively, and should be shifted to the wing unless a trade comes up.

Really all the talk about Plekanec being good enough is reminding me far too much of Koivu. Yes, Pleks should be a high end #2, he's getting paid as such and plays like one. But what was our reward again for chasing Koivu out of town because he wasn't good enough? Scott Gomez.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote