View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 01:18 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneBourque27 View Post
he will make some stupid move like he did with Kaberle
Kaberle was a calculated risk, it didn't turn the team around but it wasn't that bad a move. We lost nothing for him. Is that all the ammo you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentheprop View Post
They're exciting to watch but they're also not winning yet. If you're willing to support a Canadiens team finishing last for multiple seasons so they can get some good young players all the while hoping that the ones they currently have don't jump ship in the meantime then that's your prerogative. I'd be worried that some of the young talent that we have now won't want to stick around and hope that the team can be better 4 or 5 years down the road. Getting multiple top draft picks won't help a lot if Price, PK and Patches all leave as UFA's because they don't want to wait to win.
I didn't say "multiple years" I said this one year. I don't believe the habs need the level of rebuilding the oilers do. One good draft could essentially give us the single prospect that could fill the position we have no hope of filling in any other way (outside of massive overpayment).

The team is done, before tonight they had a faint shot but after that I am convinced we have zero chance. We are sitting at 7th place and have a very real chance at getting a top 5 maybe top 3 pick. This is a shot at a level of player the habs have not had in years and we should take full advantage of it.

Or we could crawl up to 9th place and draft someone who will fill a 3rd line role in 4 years, whatever floats your boat.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote