View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Looking at the scoring list, only Malkin and Giroux are on pace for 100 points atm. The Sedins are on pace for ~90 atm and Stamkos 93. Scoring is either down or just spread out. I think 75-80 pts would be pretty good for an out of his prime Thornton when there's only a couple of 100 point scorers per season the last couple seasons. I think 70 points would be equivalent to a 85-90 point season several years ago when it was higher scoring.

I don't care about Thornton fighting or hitting. I just want him to drive to the freaking net when there's an opening. Who's gonna stop him? Only way they'll stop him is to take a penalty. I hate when he has an opening and he pulls the puck back to look for someone to pass to. Just take it strong to the net. There's been 3-4 times this year when he had a semi-breakaway and he chose to wind up and take a long distance shot into of trying to beat the defenseman to the net and deke the goalie. What's the point of taking a slapper to the net when there's no Sharks around for the rebound. That only worked once against Anaheim when Pavs scored.

Look at the first goal in the video. I want to see him do that.

Last edited by Negatively Positive: 01-19-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote