View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Zero chance that Eberle fails.

On the same boat, I have no idea how Harding would far but he's definitely got #1 potential, if he's not there already.
Sorry I should have clarified. By Montreal fans/media standard. Sorry but I can't imagine Eberle putting up the 80pts you say he would on this team. He's relied upon more than almost anyone in Edmonton on a very young team that isn't even expected to win anything. He can take tons of chances he normally wouldn't be able to take on Montreal, plus we all know players of that caliber usually drop off in terms of production on Montreal and it isn't like Eberle is small but if the new direction is to go bigger I have to believe if Price was in the mix they'd be looking for an equally talented but bigger player.

Not saying he would fail in the legitimate meaning of the word, but by the standards of our media and fans.. if he had like a 50-55pt season it would be a nightmare, and lord knows we'd have to sign him up long term for a big number.

However I do feel Harding could easily fail here (in the real sense of failure) as plenty of other goalies have, and subsequently be run out of town. All in all I could see it turning into a nightmare in general.

You don't pick top 5, take a goalie when your needs are a big center, but then trade the guy once he's been a much more stable goalie in recent memory and is looking to be one of the best young franchise D in the NHL for years to come. By the time Price realistically enters his Prime he'll have played in the NHL for like a decade. I don't see very many other goalies with that kind of skill set. If he's doing it at this age I can only imagine where the experience and skill will take him. At this point trading him would be a PR nightmare barring a guy like Giroux coming back the other way.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote