Old
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Trading Price or Subban is dumb.

Everyone else is tradable.
Why? I read comments like that every day here and I just don't get it. We need a dominant #1 center and there is a steep price to pay for that.

The only reason we can't really trade Price is that we've been trading away his competition internally since he's been with us so we don't have anyone to replace him.

As for Subban, some would fear another "Chelios-Savard" trade. That's a legit concern but the big problem with that trade was that Savard was way past his prime and Chelios was a God who went on to play another solid 15 yrs. If you trade Subban, it has to be for another young gun (RNH for example).

I'm on the fence with Subban. Still not sure what career to expect out of him. When Chelios made the team way back, he had a huge impact and I don't remember having doubts that he would be a Norris contender. The guy had a nasty edge to his game.

Younger people on this board don't remember how tough the Habs were in the 80's. Corson, Chelios, Lemieux, Nilan. Even Gainey and Robinson and guys like McPhee and Skrudland were not easily pushed around. Wasn't there like an insane stretch of playoff years that the Bruins just could not win against us? Seems like a distant memory now.

The point is we should look at all offers on the table. My main concern is that I don't want PG (or Gainey) involved in that process. I'm ok with Timmins but I share concerns with others that he would draft a D or goalie as a top-5 pick again.

I don't agree with the "best player" available mentality when it comes to the draft. Our clear need is a dominant C with size. Unless Bobby Orr is available, you don't waste your pick on anybody but a forward. Forsberg would be a nice pick for us. Not sure if he can play C.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote