View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I know a lot of folks love DD but I would not be shocked to see him traded for a really good deal. Something like 2nd + prospect + other (low pick, once highly touted prospect who fell off, roster player 4th liner who can scrap, etc)

I'd imagine some teams are heavily scouting this guy.
You know, if we can land a top center in some way (draft, trade, UFA...) I would actually prefer to keep DD and trade one of Plek or Eller.

I think that these 2 have more value (an undersized player will nearly never get you his worth back), and that DD is actually perfect for a 3rd-line center role if you go for scoring depth (which we need to do because we lack high-end talent to rely on 1-2 lines).

When used in an offensive context against the opposition lower lines he turns nearly any winger into good offensive weapon. And I think that he's a good PP weapon too, no matter how it looks like this year (our whole PP is a mess). What you would need is a better #1 offensive center, and keep Eller or Plek as a #2 defensive center that can still produce and perform on the PK, then you have DD as a 3rd-line center that can really improve your scoring depth (kinda like the role Briere had with the Flyers behind Carter and Richards, making guys like Leino produce much more than they usually would).

I think that Plek or Eller in a package deal could actually net you a very nice return.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote