Thread: John Tortorella
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
He's done so many good things for this team that I think it's nearly impossible to disprove he is a great coach for this team. He's turned players who were let go by other organizations and made them into players on this team, mainly Boyle and Prust, partially Feds. Every season, youth is being injected into the line-up and more is on the way. He's also a very good teacher for these younger players. Props goes to Gernander in Hartford, but Torts is getting a lot out of guys that are under 25 and some have never been in Hartford.

Any coach that gets more out of the sum of his parts than what the result should be is a good coach, hands down. I also find he is forgiving to his players when they make mistakes. He comes back to them after their failures and they perform for him. He does preach accountability and he follows what he says. Think about the last couple of games. He put John Mitchell with Gaborik and Stepan because Anisimov is not performing. How does Mitchell reward his decision? Scoring goals in consecutive games. It's also not going to mean Anisimov is going to not get a chance to play with the top 6 again, but he'll have to earn it, same went with Dubi.

That's why I think he's a great coach. The players love him, he tells it like it is, and never lets media sway his mind.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote