View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Perrah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

There are other options besides Harding on the UFA market. Mike Smith (although he'll probably be resigned), Al Montoya who is an absolute beast, Evgeni Nabokov, Tomas Vokoun.

And no doubt that Price would be better with a better team in front of him. Problem is, I'm not sure that's going to happen - which is what I'd be trying to create with this trade. We will take a hit in net (a very small hit if we were to sign Montoya), but we will get a huge boost offensively.

Alright, there's not just Harding like I said above.

Al Montoya is one of the best young goalies in hockey right now. Kid an absolute beast and he also plays in front of a mediocre team.

After that there's Mike Smith, Evgeni Nabokov, and Tomas Vokoun.
Ridiculous. Nabakov couldnt cut it with top notch teams in SJ I am sure playing here would make him awesome. What has Montoya done to prove he is one of the best young goalies in the game, I guess he played 48 games one season. The freaking Islanders wont even make him the starter. Vokoun isnt going to come to a sinking ship in the last years of his career, even if he does he is a stop gap til the goalie you would have to draft is ready to be abused in montreal. Mike Smith.. that is a joke right, unless dave tippett comes with him. So in reality you trade price then have to find another goalie because the habs wont be good enough to have a ****** goalie, meaning trading for bernier or schneider at which point you probably still made your team worse. Montreal picked their goalie when they had 2, the only way price is being traded is if he requests it.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote