View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
I am consistently amazed when people write "Ryan O'Reilly is not available" or "Marcel Goc (not in this thread) is just to valuable to be moved."

Any player is available for the right price, it is simply what you are willing to pay in both compensation to the team and the player.

Folks, this is a league where, Gretzgy, Bobby Orr, Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Pat Lafontaine, etc have been traded, some more than once....

Anyone can be had. It all depend on the courage and conviction to do it. Buffalo has the assets to get anyone in the league, the question is do we want to empty the cupboard to get them? Are we willing to eat dollars to clear the way? Are we willing to risk failure to achieve greatness?

I don't see the first two being issues in the Pegula era. The real question is the third one. Does Regier, and by extension, Pegula have the stones to dynamite this team (and that incluides the precious prospects too) in an effort to do something transitional. If Pegula is willing to eat money and sacrifice big bits of the future, ANYONE could be had.
I certainly don't want to empty the cupboard to get Marcel Goc.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote