View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM
ADoubleD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
The hybrid route at this point would basically be to change the faces in the locker room to try to win now, or at least push for the playoffs. It's illogical and would only hurt their future to do that. The team needs to face the fact that the season is basically over already and plan for next year, not futilely push for this year.
I guess I disagree with you about what I think the hybrid route would be. I highly doubt they're gonna move out Boyes, Hecht, or Goose and bring in other rentals to replace them in a hope it will spark the team. Moving Roy and Stafford and replacing them with guys that are on their level or close to it talent wise, but will make us a better team overall not just this year but moving forward I'm all for it. If that means we pick 11th or 12th instead of 8th or 9th I don't really care.

If your going to dump Roy, and Stafford for nothing but picks and prospects that are a few years off from helping the team then they might as well trade Vanek and Pominville too whats the point of keeping them around they're keeping us from getting a higher pick.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote