View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I might be a the minority but I think the Habs are a good team having a bad season. With some retooling I think we can compete with anyone in the new conference formats. But I noticed that we have a huge whole at centre, Gainey tried to fix it in 09 when he tired to land Lecavalier, but then traded for Gomez, we all know how that went but that's not the point.

IMO Pleck is a great 1 A/B centre, and while I've been really impressed with DD, and Eller also, both are not 2nd line centre.

And while I would love to trade for someone like Paul Stastny, the assets are simply not there/worth giving up to get someone like that.

So with that, is our only likelyhood of getting a true impact centre would be getting lucky and being able to draft someone like Grigorenko I don't know much about prospect and stuff but just reading around, it seems as though he might be just what we have been lacking for a long time.

Just wondering if there would be any opitions because it seems like the league is dry on centre, you have the Leafs,Sabres, Flames all looking for that impact centre for years but no results.
read my lips habs fans , as I have been preaching for years

we have no core , never did for many years , and this constant mish mash bandaid gets you nowhere

back to our center situtaion now

Pleks is a decent #2 on a very good team capabale of being a contender like Detroit

For us he does a decent job and works hard but wont cut the mustdard as a number 1 . He is the player I would trade as long as we get a solid return , with a young center capable of replacing him one day with upside .

Desharnais.... beat the odds , tries hard , but is not a #2 center .
on great teams he is a filler period , never on a top 6 . You can praise him all you want folks , but if he is on my top 6 ...WE ARE FKED

Eller ....should be given DD`s role ..he is bigger , faster, stronger, better defender , skater , etc... he has solid # 2 center potential
he gets no powerplay time and if given the same minutes , I cant see why we cant produce DD`S numbers with a bigger body .

If DD is not my answer longterm and we are 10 points out of a playoff spot , wtf
are we still playing DD front line minutes , whats the fken point .
Can we at least see what the hell he can do on a legit line.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote