View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I bef to differ!

At the moment, Couturier should your #2 center with Brere on his wing.
Schenn did not prove anything so far except that #3 is his ceiling....for now.
Couturier will be #1 center on this team before Schenn.
This might just be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Someone's "ceiling" is the absolute best they can be. Your ceiling never changes. Brayden Schenn's "ceiling for now" is the same as his ceiling tomorrow which is the same as his ceiling 5 years from now.

Right now, Brayden Schenn is a #3C on this team... there's no disputing that. There's also no disputing that his ceiling as a player is an elite #1C.

Whether he will get there or not? That's disputable.

As far as Couturier goes, I respect your opinion, but I think my team's coach knows a little bit better how to handle him than you do.

While you might like to see him get 20 mins a night so you can get hard watching him rack up the points, I'd prefer that we give him 10 mins / night and save him for the playoffs. I know you don't care about our team, but our fans do. It's about the T-E-A-M not the individual.

The Flyers will be making the playoffs. They have a better chance to contend if Couturier is fresh and can handle increased playoff minutes. I apologize that you won't be able to see him in the #2C role scoring a PPG, but maybe next year? Or maybe even in the playoffs...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote