View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 01:07 PM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Indeed.

Schenn is going to be a stud in the near future. Both players are going to be great but some people don't have the patience. Schenn gets injured and can't stay in the lineup so he's a bust. I'm ecstatic to have both of them on this team. Those two and Giroux are this teams future and it's extremely bright.

Schenn doesn't need to be great right now. The Flyers are a team with loads of depth which is going to allow Schenn to get comfortable and learn the game at the NHL level.

There is a reason he was the #1 prospect in the entire NHL.
I don't know why you bolded that part of my statement, but I agree with what you have to say.

I'm seriously sick of all of these would-be hockey analysts telling us after 16 games that Schenn has no offensive upside and is a #3 center at best and that Couturier doesn't have the offense of Huberdeau, etc.

It is just ridiculous.

Let them develop and enjoy watching them. For my money, I think Schenn and Couturier are two of the most exciting rookies in the NHL to watch (Couturier's defense is amazing as is Schenn's physicality) and when you add Matt Read w/ his wheels, you've got quite a spectacle.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote