Thread: John Tortorella
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 01:45 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I was clicking my heels together when they hired him and now that he is entrenched in the job, he has created a metamorphisis here in terms of conditioning, hard work and accountability amongst all his players. In my eyes, he is the guy who will lead this team to the promised land if not this year then in the next 2 or 3 years given that he is still our coach. Is he harsh at times? Absolutely! Does he say things that at times are out of character and wrong? No question! But, he is also hands down the best coach this team has had since Mike Keenan roamed the sideline for a resounding one season.
I don't doubt his influence on this organization in certain capacities. But I do think that a lot of his flaws might be things that keep this team from reaching the promised land. At this point I think he has the ability to take us deep, I just don't know if I believe in him enough when it comes to being an in game strategic head coach to get it done. This is not Tampa Bay. There are not Lecavalier's, St. Louis', and Richards' in their prime.

This team is either going to need an upgrade in offensive talent, and as a coach he's going to need to be accepting of that and find a way to make the most out of that player rather them putting him on one of the bottom two lines and cutting their minutes, or as some point we might need a coach that actually pays attention to the other end of the ice.

It's strange. Everyone was so thrilled about the Safe Is Death mentality when he was signed, and now he's become a coach that openly admits he doesn't give players any instruction when it comes to the offensive end of the ice. It's a pretty interesting turnaround.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote