Old
01-19-2012, 02:10 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Cons

Mishandling of Drury - He stunk/was average before Torts ever arrived and became chronically injured. Torts also felt that guys like Callahan, Staal, and Dubinsky should be the leaders of the team and gave them big minutes in big spots; something that is paying off now

Mishandling of Avery - As much as I liked Avery, in the grand scheme of things, he was such an insignificant part of the team that no one can bash Torts for it. I know he disliked him from the start, but let's not make Avery out to be that big of a piece of the team's success. This coming from the person who made the "Avery Effect" (although it was half jokingly made) thread earlier in the season.

Inability to make the most of a potentially useful asset in Zherdev - Zherdev was lazy, soft, and didn't fit in the system. He failed everywhere else he's gone. You can't turn crap into gold

Poor line management prior to 11-12 season - Ok

Not giving Richards and Gaborik a longer period of time to achieve chemistry - I think having Gaborik on one line and Richads on another was genius. Why stack your lines when you can win by having the two guys separated and create matchup issues? Stepan and AA stepped up and have played very well with Gaborik. Gaborik has 23 goals, Richards has 15. I'd say that both are are par for their normal seasons

Penchant for over reliance on role players - Over reliance? Sure he plays Boyle and Prust a lot, but this isn't the Renney days where the fourth line was on the ice after every goal and when the team desperately needed a goal (Torts only does this when the other lines have sucked balls and the 4th line has been generating offense all game)

Continued struggles on the PP (still not enough talent, but they should be doing more with what they have) - The biggest issue I have
Bolded

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote