Thread: John Tortorella
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
  #40
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
because Tortorella rewards effort, he knows what guys like AA and Gaborik are capable of and wants to get as much out of them as he can. If Boyle and Prust are producing at 100% and Gaborik and AA are producing at 80%, then of course Torts is going to try to get the other 20% out of the other two. He knows that they are both good players and wants to help them consistently realize that potential. If you're a manager and you have someone who works their ass off and does average work and then you have someone who kind of half-***** it and does just as good work, don't you think you're going to push the 2nd guy harder because you know they're capable of more? Plus people make it out like Torts treats them like crap, which is probably far from the truth.

It also sends a message that if you try hard and give your all, you will be rewarded.
Is that why he threw Gaborik under the boss after we lost to Philly two years ago...You know, the year the Rangers wouldn't have even had a chance to make the playoffs if it weren't for Gabby and his 42 goals and 86 points..

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote