Thread: The Lavi Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 09:24 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
My biggest irk with Lavi comes from his inability to tell Briere that enough is enough.

We need Couturier in the top 9 to play a heavier defensive role. Briere's line gets pinned the most, and we don't have the blueline to make up for it right now, let alone the goaltending support when Bryzgalov is in net.

And for those asking for bigger shake-ups in the lines just to "shake things up," I'd rather he not do that. Play with the lines? Yes, but do so in a way that makes sense. He's not Stevens, and he doesn't pretend to be. There's no need to throw everyone around nonsensically.

Growing pains are going to happen.

Tell me if you thought this team would be in the race for the division midway through the year, now down Richards and Carter, without Pronger and with Bryzgalov doing his best impression of MFL.

He's a GREAT coach. Not just a good one.

We bury more chances early against the Islanders, and we have the ability to bury them no questions asked. Our offensive system coupled with the lineup Holmgren has assembled is only stopped by bad bounces and hot goaltenders.

Notice how the odd-man rushes against happened after we got down and were forcing the play. Lavi was pressuring the defensemen to jump the rush harder because we were down. Don't take that as a sign of a weak defensive team let alone a weak defensive system.

EDIT: And I know I lied about not posting here again, but whatever.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-20-2012 at 02:54 PM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote