View Single Post
Old
01-19-2012, 10:52 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
No, Coburn really hasn't been solid all season. He's been beaten like a mule by good players. Tavares abused the heck out of him tonight and he's only the latest one in a long line. Braydon Coburn is Mr. Softee personified. I swear to god I haven't seen a 6'5 220 lb defenseman that plays like a bigger pansy.

He offers relatively little / nothing offensively, his corsi is bad, and he's been carried around by Kimmo Timonen or his stats would be even worse.

Of the 6 starting defensemen that we have, the only one that you could argue has underperformed what we expected even more is Meszaros. But in all fairness, Meszaros has been anchoring a pairing w/ rookies (Bourdon, Marshall, Gustafsson) for the better part of the year and this shows as he has the lowest Corsi quality of teammates by far. And at least Meszaros lays the wood every now and then and has a rocket shot from the point.

Oh and btw, I know it's trendy to hate on Carle, but he's stepped up huge this year for us. 2nd in points among our defense, 2nd in Corsi, faces the 3rd highest quality of competition, has the 6th highest quality of teammates, etc.

I would gladly trade Coburn straight up for Gleason. And yes, I know that value is terrible for us, but I don't even care. Gleason is better.

I really, really hope we sign Carle to an extension this offseason and ship Coburn off. One because it would be a good use of assets and two because it would improve the team.
COMPLETELY disagree on all accounts.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote