View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 09:36 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Cechmanek is a notoriously slow starter.

As noted by an LA fan, his numbers are starting to shoot up notably. In fact, they are quickly approaching what he was doing here in Philly.

Getting only a 2nd for what was clearly our best goaltender in a decade is unacceptable. However, it seemed clear that Cechmanek's tenure in Philly was at it's end. Personally, I think others should have been shown the door first, but unlike many of them Cechmanek had trade value.

I think Cechmanek's play in LA will silence many of his critics. I don't know why we can't wish him success for the Kings. Cechmanek was unable to carry us through in the post-season, but he was our 3-time MVP and we wouldn't have gotten anywhere without him.
fine i'll agree he was a great regular season goalie. after that forget it. he won one playoff series in 3 seasons. and even that he was the reason that series went 7, example dropping his glove and trying to pick it up with the puck right near by.
and for those who think we didnt get enough for Chechmanek. the price for good regular season goalies is not that much.