View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 09:22 AM
JayQueensNY88*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
I know that Bobby Sangs was pretty highly thought of for his offensive abilities while a Rangers prospect. I also know that his defensive, we will call it, "inadequacies" cost him a spot on this club. It seems as if the Hurricanes are also not going to give him a chance at NHL time, largely due to a number of recently club-drafted defenseman passing him on the depth chart and an ill-timed injury. My question is, for a low price (low-round pick, maybe returning the 6th rounder?), would you consider trying to get Bobby back into the fold, and seeing if the Whale coaching staff could get him to round out his game a bit more to be an NHL-caliber player, like a Joni Pitkanen (who is pretty average-to-bad defensively, but good offensively) style player? I think the Rangers could really use a guy on the back-end with his offensive instincts, even with MDZ doing well. 70 points (29 goals, 17 (!) on the powerplay) in his last year in the OHL, 42 and 35 points in the AHL with the Rangers affiliate. His offensive abilities are obviously there, surely his defense is workable and worth taking a flyer on for a late-round pick, right? At only 23 years old, he still has some cheap RFA years left, too, if he does pan out.

I expect most Rangers fans to respond with the "been there, done that" mentality that seems to be prevalent here, but I think he might be worth a shot if the Canes would part with him. Slap him in CT, pair him with Erixon, maybe they find a Staal-Girardi like chemistry? Maybe Redden can mentor him on being an offense-minded NHL D? Would you do it?

Edit: Follow-up question. If the Rangers are actively pursuing Ruutu for the 2nd+prospect price, would you upgrade the prospect or add in a low pick to add Sangs?

Ruutu+Sangs
for
2nd+prospect+6th?
id do that deal,but would the Canes. In general,Sans is not needed back,why would you want him back..NR has alot of defensive depth already..its a pointless move.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote