Thread: Eklund: More Nash to Toronto
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 08:44 AM
WWB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Nash has been the best player on the Jackets for 8 years, and where exactly has that got them? History has shown that CLB is terrible at drafting/developing players. I think this team needs some proven talent coming back in a trade for Nash to provide depth. If they can get a couple of young, solid roster players and a top prospect back in a deal I would like their chances of being a better team in 2 - 3 years.

Even getting a good return of Carter would make sense if they are getting multiple assets that can be added to the roster right now.

I say two capable lines are better than one.
What Columbus needs is a proven management team who is committed to building through the draft and developing players. Until this happens Columbus will be a bottom feeder in the NHL. IMO a guy like Rick Dudley would be a good candidate as the GM. He drafted and developed The Lightning team that won the cup only to have Jay Feaster take over in a championship season and get all the credit. Dudley also had his finger prints all over the Blackhawks as assistant GM to Dale Tallon only to have Stan Bowman take over in a chapionship season and get all the credit there too. Until Columbus finds a new GM they should not trade away their star player.

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote