View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 08:48 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I love the responses on this board. 5th place in the east (2 points out of 4th with 4 games in hand on the Sens...) and the team was on top of the division and conference for a pretty good chunk of the season and suddenly we don't have the personnel to compete consistently. This is my favorite part of HF Boards. Win a couple, team is unstoppable OMG I can't believe how awesome they are. Team loses a couple, nothing can help this team is terrible are you kidding me they won't win another game ever.

While these next two games are obviously big, win or lose both of them, I don't think it changes the direction this team is going. Trades will be made regardless and Lavy isn't going anywhere regardless.
I think most of us understand that regular season does not = playoffs (our real goal being the cup). Winning in the regular season doesn't mean all that much (see caps the last few seasons) as long as you make the playoffs.

As we are playing now, where 5 goals hasn't even been enough, will not win you many playoff games where teams tighten up and goals are hard to come by. What we are afraid of is becoming last season's capitals team.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote