View Single Post
Old
11-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Because too many Detroit fans are retarded.

It's sounding more and more like the Wings players essentially booted Fedorov off the team.
According to Art Regner, a local radio host who's close to the players, the players had several meetings about the Fedorov free agency and decided they didn't want him back.
I'm not sure about the timing of the entire thing, but that may be the reason Detroit lowered it's offer from $50M/5Y to $32M/4Y.

If this is true, I've got to question the leadership in the Wings dressing room.
Maybe Hull, Yzerman Shanahan, Draper, Chelios, McCarty, and Lidstrom thought this team would be Betterov without Fedorov.
But I can't figure out why.
They won three cups with him

Maybe the team figured $50M was too much.
But what the hell do they care? Yzerman Hull and Chelios are almost gone.

If Regner is right, Yzerman and company may have really screwed this team. Not only in the short run, as it seems like Fedorov's on-ice contributions are missed, but in the long run.

I'm not sure what this team is going to look like when we get back from the CBA.
maybe it was his off-ice attitude they didn't care for, although thats just speculation. You never know exactly how things shake down in those situations....

I do know that in this team full of veterans, its all about the team. team play. Feds was asking for more playing time above everyone else, which on most teams would be expected. Goes back to the point of him wanting to "be the man" so to speak.

again, just speculation.