View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
I was at the game last night and Torts had a bad night. Moving Prust to the second line was a disaster. Only one line had any sustained pressure in the offensive zone and that was Steps' line.

Every night we dress at a minimum four 4th liners (and maybe more depending on your opinion of John Mitchell). Feds at this point in his career is a 4th liner as are Rupp, Boyle and Prust. On any given night three of those guys should be dressed and that should be our 4th line. None of them should be expected to score consistently and therefore should not be in a top 9 position.

If we want to compete in the second season with the best teams in the East we will need a 3rd line that needs to be defended; one that has the talent to score. Right now (and last night in particular) we dress units with at least one 4th liner on them which destroys many of our promising opportunities.

So, we have

Step and Gabby
Richie, Cally and Dubi
Ani and Mitch

We need to slot Hags and dress a 9th forward who can score. I would keep Hags with Step and Gabby and let them continue to get to know each other. There is alot of puck possession on that line and they will likely score regularly.

As for the left side of Anisimov I would give Wolski a shot. Give him 10 games or so to determine if he can provide the scoring punch we need on that 3rd line. If not I would promote Zucc as he provides what we need right now; creativity and success on the power play. If and only if these two do not work out would I consider moving an asset for a left wing. We are building a winner the right way and I don't want to mortgage any of that future for a run this year as we are likely not there yet. However, if WW or MZA deliver then we could be dangerous as then all 4 lines would be slotted properly with roles they can handle well. That is not what we have today and I blame Torts and his love for Boyle, Prust and Feds for that. Wake up John.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote