View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Habs fan here. I like Roy, think he's a talented player but at end of the day, you gotta ask yourself. Does Roy for Plekanec make montreal better? Not really. At best, they are equal and it's lateral. Plekanec signed a long term extension as well, Roy is UFA next year and even smaller than Plekanec. Now...our first, it's likely a lottery pick, so obviously, no thanks. Just a while since we had a top pick excluding getting lucky 2005 getting 5th overall. We'll take it and draft a center if possible. As for Eller, he's our ONLY big center and will likely end up a 50 point 2B or great 3rd line center who can fill in in top 6. I don't see Eller as the big amazing center other habs fans do, but the reality is probably in the middle and he easily has top 6 upside but I personally don't see him as one. At the end of the day, I like Roy, think he's a great player but for the habs it doesn't make sense. We won't make the playoffs anyway and we just will waste our time getting smaller. The habs have a bunch of 2nd line forwards, some better than others but: Plekanec, Cole, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Kostitsyn, Bourque...We don't need another 1B or 2A line forward like Cole and Plekanec are. We need a top 3 guy and Roy isn't what we need right now. That's my POV really, not sure if you guys would agree.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote