View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 12:02 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I have no idea why you are doing this. I personally don't get it but if you are going to acquire Roy, the Sabres should get full value + for him considering you are a division rival.

I don't think he is BAD but some Hab fans are talking about him for Roy straight up being fair value. I'm not seeing that. I think the Habs need to add more to get it done. I would actually have far more interest in a first round pick than Eller.
Be it as it may and while I don't think you're wrong for saying it at all...the habs first round pick is currently 6th overall and we played more games. We could end up 2nd last if the teams below us win a 1-2 games. So really...it's essentially as close as it gets to a lottery pick and with long term injuries to markov, gionta and others underperforming, that is a a dinstinct possibility. So ask yourself, would you rather a spot at a potential first overall pick with a lottery pick, or Derek Roy, UFA in a year and a half? That's essentially the problem. Again, don't blame you, but the habs first round pick is too low to be considered fair value for Roy.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote