View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Come one, Luc said the fans have spoken and they want black and white with homeplate.

You... don't think he's just saying that do you?
of course he is at this point. his rep is on the line now that they made the change.

not sure who they surveyed, but most everyone i know that are LA fans don't like the homeplate. most everyone on Kings boards prefer some mix of purple/gold and the old crown. personally i think it came down to Luc's preference more than anything, seeing as how the numbers don't shake out in surveys.

Hammond ran the one last spring and it was overwhelmingly purple/gold. i ran one on puck daddy and it was a mix of purple/gold with some different changes to the logo.

when all you sell at Staples is black jerseys, then guess what. a large proportion of fans in attendance will be wearing......black jerseys. go figure

im to the point now that this year's third (the previous home) looks good and exciting. the small bit of color on the shoulders and sleeves makes them 'pop' compared to the dull ass black/white/silver.

pray in a few years they will want to re-roll this so they can sell more jerseys and we can finally see the homeplate retired

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote