View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 02:20 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
By the way, I know some of you will say that this doesn't mean anything, but despite only winning 17 times this season, the Habs' goal differential is -10. That is exceptional, everything considered.

That means that the team isn't a train wreck. This goal differential is better than a few teams ahead of us in the general standing (Colorado, Florida, Winnipeg, Buffalo, Minnesota, Calgary). The season hasn't been blow-outs after blow-outs. The Canadiens are a competitive team.

I'm not trying to defend Gauthier or Martin or Cunneyworth. All I'm saying is, to those who think this season is a complete waste, this team isn't even that bad. It is not unwatchable. You watch with the hope that they can win and most game, they are in it.

Compare that to last year's Oilers... Their fans weren't even hoping for a win when they tuned in a game; they were hoping for their team not to get destroyed.
I did a GDT not too long ago and that stat really stood out. If anything, it shows with a half decent power play, the Habs would probably in a playoff spot.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote