View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Dfence033

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Tim Erixon? Two more points in eight fewer AHL games. Better than Sanguinetti across the board now, and he's three years younger.

Brendan Bell? 88 points in his last 120 AHL games. Over 100 games of NHL experience. Tougher, meaner. Actually cheaper for this season.

Bobby Sanguinetti is nothing special. If he was a throw-in, fine...but I can't understand why anyone would consider him someone worth targeting.
Wow. The reaction here is swift and punishing. You all make it sound like I'm advocating moving our first rounder for the guy. I said take a flyer on him, as in, trade a 6th-round pick, who's chances of even becoming a Bobby Sangs player as he currently is is extremely low, and see if he pans out. Using Brendan Bell as a reason for not thinking about Sangs is absolute insanity, by the way. Using a journeyman, 29 year old, AHL defenseman who's two best AHL seasons were 43 and 35 points as a reason to not pursue a 23 year old who has the same numbers in 3 AHL seasons that it took Bell 8 AHL years with 4 NHL years, a KHL year, and a Swiss league year thrown in to accomplish. Why? Because he has 100 games of NHL experience on such playoff teams as the Maple Leafs, Coyotes, and Senators?

I get it, no one here likes the guy, but NO ONE would even consider taking a chance on him at 23 years old for a 6th-round pick?

Dfence033 is offline   Reply With Quote