View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
Wow. The reaction here is swift and punishing. You all make it sound like I'm advocating moving our first rounder for the guy. I said take a flyer on him, as in, trade a 6th-round pick, who's chances of even becoming a Bobby Sangs player as he currently is is extremely low, and see if he pans out. Using Brendan Bell as a reason for not thinking about Sangs is absolute insanity, by the way. Using a journeyman, 29 year old, AHL defenseman who's two best AHL seasons were 43 and 35 points as a reason to not pursue a 23 year old who has the same numbers in 3 AHL seasons that it took Bell 8 AHL years with 4 NHL years, a KHL year, and a Swiss league year thrown in to accomplish. Why? Because he has 100 games of NHL experience on such playoff teams as the Maple Leafs, Coyotes, and Senators?

I get it, no one here likes the guy, but NO ONE would even consider taking a chance on him at 23 years old for a 6th-round pick?
What has he shown you in recent history to make you think he's worth a 6th rounder at this point? I haven't seen him play or heard anything about him so I'm simply asking why we should bring him back.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote