View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 03:08 PM
ocarina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
Not at all, I was about 90% certain that most response would involve some sort of disdain for the man who was selected in front of Giroux. I just don't see how the Rangers have anyone in the system who can do offensively what Sangs can. Bell is wonderful and all, but will never be an NHL-caliber puck-mover. Tim Erixon is acceptable-to-good offensively, but will likely never be a 45-55 point offensive defenseman/PPQB. Sangs is 23 years old and shown that his offense is legit through multiple years in the AHL, Jan Erixon, for all we know, is in a hot-streak offensively. Maybe even Sangs can teach our defensive prospects how to play offense. The only thing keeping him out of the NHL has been his defensive lapses with the Rangers, and a loaded offensive-defenseman system in Carolina.
Look, you seem to like the guy, and there isn't anything wrong with that. But the reality is, we are stacked on D in terms of options. He would be behind Stralman, Bickel, Erixon, Bell and maybe even Valentenko or Parlett on the depth chart. I don't see the point of actually going out and giving up anything of value for him. As a throw-in to a larger trade, fine, whatever, but he's not the type of guy you target.

Also, it's Tim Erixon, not Jan. And I think it's kinda funny you mention him maybe being on a hot streak. But don't you think it's kind of odd that despite Sangs' numbers in the AHL, he hasn't gotten a chance? Fact is, he isn't good enough defensively. I remember when we called him up briefly, Hartford fans were mystified. They said that he had been bad for most of the year.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote