View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 04:08 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
In my opinion, regardless of how any of us feel about Regin, I doubt the organization lets him go for nothing. He is an NHL calibre player, and if he can't win a spot on our team then we can send him down, release him to Europe, trade him, or watch him go on waivers.

Letting assets go for nothing when they are young with upside is probably not the answer.

In addition, this is a top notch organization that has shown tremendous loyalty to it's players in the past. It's not as though Regin is LeClaire or anything (injury wise, or 2 positions vs. 13). I'm sure we will qualify him and give him a chance to get his career back on track. To do otherwise would be a pretty negative message to a player who injured himself playing for your team.
I agree, Regin could easily replace Condra on the 2nd line with Turris & Alfredsson. He has the speed & skill to play on the top 6 plus he is just as good defensively. He could also push Z. Smith to the 4th line or to LW should Ottawa decide to go with 3 scoring lines. The point is with Regin on this team Maclean has more options depending on who they are playing against since it looks like they will continue to carry 22 or 23 players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Stone may make the team on the fourth line, Petersson is a long shot even should Alfie retire.

Silfverberg is probably the only sure player to make the team, with Zimba kind of a wait and see.

Things may get even more complicated if Murray makes a move prior to the trade deadline, since he has clearly said he doesn't want a rental.
My guess is that Stone will likely start the yr in Bingo & if he can continue to score in Bingo as he has in junior than there is the possibility that he is called up to Ottawa around the trade deadline to see if he is NHL ready before they deal anyone. Keep in mind that Greening, Butler & Condra all have contracts for next season plus Zibanejad & Silfverberg could also be on the roster & they could also re-sign a few players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
Michalek-Spezza-Alfie
Silfverberg-Turris-Zibby
Foligno-Smith-Condra
Greening-Regin-Neil.

Mother of god.
Why is Greening on your 4th line??? The guy continues to produce yet people still don't think he is good enough to be on the top 6. I know he doesn't have that smooth skating style or elite offensive skill but he does everything well including break up offensive chances against reducing our goals against. He now has 11 goals & 26 pts in 49 games. Did anyone think he would do this well & he could end up with over 30 pts in his rookie yr. It remains to be seen whether Silfverberg will be better than Greening in his rookie season.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote