View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Memento
Missourian.

vCash: 500
Hello. Nice to meet you all. I'm a long-time lurker, although I've posted a fair bit at the Asylum (same name as here).

Name: Jeremy.
Sex: Male.
Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri.
Hometown: Florissant, Missouri.
Mode of transportation: Um...public?
College attended/Attending: None.
Job: Currently a volunteer caterer.
How and when you became a Blues fan: Man, it was a fun night. I was five years old, and my dad decided to take me to my first game. We were playing the Avalanche, and I was just totally into the game. Never mind the fact that I occassionally forgot which number Chris Pronger wore; never mind the fact that we lost that game (and every other Blues/Avalanche game I've attended. Note to self: never go to games where we play the Avs.) I had an absolute blast. I was hooked on sports. This is the first sporting event I can remember going to, and I was a Blues fan from that moment on.
Favorite current Blues player: Aw, do I have to choose? Well, if you insist...Roman Polak. I just love the way he plays defense; you need those guys to win a Cup.
Favorite all-time Blues player: Again? My favorite Blues player of all time is probably...Al MacInnis. Best shot in the league by far. Not even Chara or Weber come close.
Favorite active non-Blues player: I just don't know. I was going to say Teemu Selanne or Saku Koivu, but I also have a ton of respect for Nic Lidstrom. I'll go with Lidstrom. I know you'll kill me for this, but I can't criticize the way he plays the game.
Favorite all-time non-Blues player: Pavel Bure, and it's not even close. One of the most exciting players in hockey ever.
First Blues game attended: 1996 at home against the Colorado Avalanche. I know that we lost that game (they scored four against us; I believe we scored two).
Your definitive Blues moment: Hmm...well, that game against Columbus where Oshie hit Nash again works. I intensely dislike Columbus...
Music you listen to: I'm fond of heavy metal, rap, alternative rock, and maybe a slight touch of reggae. Nothing else really interests me.
Favorite bands: I'm not a fan of particular bands or rappers, but I do have respect for guys like Guns N' Roses, AC-DC, Nirvana, Bob Marley, The Beastie Boys, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., and Mastodon.
Favorite Movies: Sherlock Holmes (both of them), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Shutter Island, Blood Diamond, Alien, Predator, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Favorite Food: Anything that's barbeque.
Favorite T.V. Show: NCIS and Red vs. Blue (even though the latter is more of an Internet show than a T.V. show).
Hobbies: The thing that I really love to do is write fiction. I write pretty much every day. I also like to read, hike, watch and play sports (although hockey is pretty tough; I'm a poor skater), play video games, and basically spend time with my family.

Memento is offline   Reply With Quote