Thread: Post-Game Talk: 3 Stars and GBR: #45 @ Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
not really game, set, match because we'll never know if he would have had that kind of end to the season if he hadn't of missed those games. he may have been, tired and slightly injured, played through and not only not scored the 12 in 22, but struggled down the stretch as well.

Which is why, IMO, stat projections are kind of stupid.....
Yea and he also may have scored 70 points in those 22 games and finished with 118 points and won the Art Ross. I didn't project his pace to 82 games, I lowered it to a 40 point pace and he still would've finished with 60 points. He had a great year, production wise. There's no way around that. The fact that we can't know for sure exactly how many points he would've scored had he played all 82 doesn't change the fact that he scored at a 0.8 ppg pace in the 60 games he did play. He's capable of 50-60 points without an elite playmaker like Richards because he works for his points and creates on his own through hard work and getting the puck to the net and going there himself. The whole point was that Richards didn't elevate him to some pace he wasn't previously able to attain. That's a fact. Richards and Cally have been good together for the most part, but Richards has been underwhelming as a playmaker. The fact that Torts refuses to put him with our best offensive player doesnt help and I'm sure Richards will get there eventually and be worth every penny. But to say Cally's current production and pace are due largely in part to Richards is factually inaccurate.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote