View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 06:09 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
in other words its still the same .. i don't know who the guy prefer my choice is jagr so?

because.. Hypothetically we could have sedins instead of our 2nd line .. trade Bryz for Thomas, fire Lilja and get Chara.
Should i go on, or does it show you how relevant the hypothetically talk is?
if your not happy with Jagr then good for you...
Doan, Ruutu, Jagr are all upcoming UFA's though, so they are reasonable hypotheticals.

Jagr is great, but at the same time we have a bit of a problem giving ice time to all of our forwards as it is now. However, who knows what will happen before the trade deadline, and in the weeks leading up to free agency? But if we have the same team as we do right now when that time comes... I'm not so sure I'd try to get Jagr back. If we could land Suter, there's most certainly not room to re-sign Jagr (unless we send someone packing, or the cap has gone way up). Even if we don't get Suter, but get one of the "lesser" dmen out there, it might be difficult to have Jagr back without giving up someone else.

JvR-Giroux-Read
Hartnell-Couturier-Brière
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Zolnierczyk-4th line center-Talbot
Rinaldo

That's a pretty solid forward group. Would Jagr make it better? Yeah, probably, but is it worth it with the loss we'd take in other areas, be it defense, future assets or what have you? That's perhaps more debatable.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote