View Single Post
Old
12-31-2005, 03:16 AM
jt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
I can agree, up to a certain point. I truly believe that he was bumped up when we had a couple of injuries. The whole point of the Manchester Monarchs is not only to develop our own, but to develop them into the system that AM teaches. Does he have his own tricks up his sleeve for different players? Probably not. Point is, everybody that plays for LA or Manchester knows the system and their responsibilites. Same goes for Cammy.
We can speculate all we want! I don't know...in fact no one here knows what goes on behind closed doors. But I pay money just like the rest to see top players perform. Not to sit because a "match-up" didn't fit in. I agree that the players need to play as a team and play for each other, but I also believe that players (some) need to be given the reigns to do what they do best.....Does that mean falling out of the system? No. But play them properly and see what they do best. Cammy on a fourth line is just plain ridiculous.
I don't pay to see the best players perform. I pay to see the Kings win.

I don't think players like Cammy (young and still learning) need to be given the reigns to do what they do best. They need to learn what they DON'T do best, so they can become more complete and more useful NHL players.

If Cammy on the fourth line is just plain ridiculous, what about Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the fourth line? Do you think Scotty Bowman was being ridiculous? What about Zherdev? Gaborik? How about Brendan Morrison on the 3rd line? Benching Lecavalier? Is Cammy really SO far above those guys, that he is above being demoted or benched?