View Single Post
Old
01-20-2012, 07:19 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I agree the rookies will likely hit a wall. Jagr and Timonen wearing down, I'm not so sure of, but that is obviously a huge possibility. You also have to factor in that some of the guys that have not exactly been lighting it up could also turn it around and pick up the slack dropped by the rookies. Not to mention the possibility of a trade(s) for a D-man and a forward. Whether they bet the farm on a big name or trade picks and prospects for a rental(s), adding a new D-man and winger to this team could really make a difference. It is unlikely they go out and get Weber or Suter PLUS a winger, but I could see a deal bringing in players like Gleason and Rutuu from Carolina, which would be a great help to this team now and down the stretch. Either way, this season is far from over and the team is from not competing consistently. Rough patch, yes. In trouble, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
While I wouldn't consider the Flyers favorites against Boston, there is absolutely no reason to think they can't beat them.
I agree with these.

At least, I hope Holmgren doesn't do anything drastic just based off of two or three games played. I like this patient approach he's had so far. I hope we can land some players(s) to improve our team before the trade deadline, but we're not in a position where we need to overpay for someone just to add players.

Boston is a really good team, and they would clearly be the favourites in a playoff matchup against us, but they are not invincible.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote